MMMMM, Cranberry-Pear Chicken
Tried a new WW recipe this week, and have already bookmarked it as a “must-make-again!” Recipe and pics follow:
– 1.5 tbsps flour
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp pepper
– 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
– 2 tsps canola oil
– 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and chopped (I used anjou)
– 3 scallions, sliced
– 3/4 cup pear nectar (available in the supermarket – who knew?)
– 1/4 c. dried cranberries
– 2 tsps coarse grain mustard
1. Combine the flour, salt and pepper on a sheet of wax paper. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
2. Heat 1 1/2 tsps of the oil in a large skillet over med. high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
3. Add the remaining 1/2 tsp oil to the same skillet, then add the pear and scallions. Cook over medium high heat, stirring often, until the pear is golden, about 3-4 minutes. Add the pear nectar and cranberries. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce bubbles and thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard, return the chicken to the skillet, and heat through, about 1 minute.
I served it with a side of steamed asparagus, lightly salted but otherwise plain. Yum yum yum!